What we do
Based in Sweden, we operate globally through our extensive network of business partners.
We are devoted to the practical application of Circular and Blue Economy principles
Unique maintenance-free wastewater treatment systems
Nexus by Sweden delivers lasting solutions and services to solve the most challenging problems with contaminated water, wastewater, and post-industrial land.
We specialise in Nature-based system solutions based on microbial food webs. We promote practical on-site water reuse, water retention and recharging of groundwater with many added values such as carbon sequestration and increased biodiversity. Our value propositions include landscaping, flood- and drought-preventing green infrastructure, rural sanitation, and the reuse of water for irrigating food.
As we follow the functional principles of natural ecosystems, the designed solutions are naturally free from chemicals and problems of excessive organic sludge. Because of this, our solutions normally do not require much maintenance.
Specifically, we offer the following services:
- Small-scale but scalable treatment of residential sewage and reuse of regenerated water
- Closed-loop wastewater systems for small islands and remote settlements
- Recovery of the bio-available phosphorus from wastewater and its return to cultivated land through microbial-biochar aggregates in small-scale systems
- Farm-based recirculating aquaculture
- Conversion of landfill leachate into living water and on-site reuse for forestation
- Nature-based public toilet design
- Refurbishing shut-down or outdated wastewater treatment plants, by applying novel biofilm carriers, hydraulics and optimising plant-microbial processes
- Building complementary Integrated Wetland Systems (IWS)